Thursday, November 12, 2009

Healthy Holiday Entertaining: Fiesta Mole Dip


I know firsthand how hard it can be to eat healthy around the holidays. My mom is a phenomenal chef, but very old school, the idea of making something without butter or cream cheese is just completely off the wall to her. My brother and sister even jokingly refer to her holiday cuisine as the “butter-bration!”

When I first shifted my consciousness towards food, I struggled with what to do during the holidays, at parties and social gathers. Now I come prepared with a dish that I can enjoy, feel good about sharing and will please even the pickiest eaters. I wanted to share one of these knockout dishes with you, my Fiesta Mole Dip. It’s creamy, flavorful, packed with superfoods and perfect with crackers, veggies or as a creamy salad dressing.

Fiesta Mole Dip:

In blender, add:

½ cup pine nuts

1 garlic clove

Juice of 1 lime

Blend and slowly fold in appr. ½ cup water (may need to add in a little more water to create desired consistency)

Stop blender and add:

1 fresno pepper for a kick(optional)

4 tb Fiesta Mole superfood mix( a powerful mix of heirloom tomato concentrate, flax seeds, maca, hemp seeds, chiles, peppers and an exotic array of spices-has loads of minerals and nutrients that beef up flavor and nutrition of any dish)

Blend again until mole is mixed well into pine nut cream

Makes 1 cup and will last in fridge 3-4 days. In the photo above, dip is sandwiched between raw flax crackers, sprouts and garnished with a tomato.


No comments:

Post a Comment